THE PARTI POODLE CLUB RULES
1. Name and Objects of the Club
- The Club name is The Parti-Poodle Club, to be referred to herein after as The Club.
- The Club is for owners and persons interested in Parti and Phantom Coloured Poodles of all sizes and for the promotion of these Poodles in line with The Club’s Code of Ethics.
2. Officers and Committee
- The Club shall have an elected committee consisting of between 7 and 10 members; these shall include The Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer and may also include a Vice Chairperson if required. All the affairs of The Club shall be managed by the Committee who may exercise such powers and do such acts as may be exercised by The Club except such powers which by the rules require to be exercised or done at AGM (Annual General Meeting) or SGM (Special General Meeting). The quorum necessary for transaction of business shall be four (4) committee members.
- The Officers of the committee consisting of The Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer shall be elected bi-annually at an AGM.
- The Patron of The Club to be elected every 2 years. The Patron may attend the committee meetings but will have no power of voting on club issues and may not be either a Member or Committee Member of The Club.
- Those co-opted on to the committee shall only hold office until the next General Meeting of the Club at which an election of Officers and Committee takes place. Co-opted committee members will have full voting rights.
- The election of ordinary members shall be vested in the committee. There will be no limit to the number of club members.
- The application for membership will include an undertaking by the applicant to observe the Rules and Code of Ethics of the Club.
- The committee shall determine the acceptance of the applicant to become a member; no person will be accepted unless they obtain agreement by a majority of the committee members.
- The decision of the committee is final.
- The Club is open to Overseas Membership for residents outside of the United Kingdom. Application shall be same as for a UK resident.
- Membership fees are payable in £ Sterling.
- Overseas Members are not eligible to vote at an AGM; but otherwise will be subject to the rules of The Club.
5. Honorary Membership
- Honorary Membership or Honorary Life Membership may be offered by the committee and agreed at an AGM in recognition to a person for services to the promotion of Parti Poodles; they do not have to have been members of the club
6. Membership List
- A full list of members and their addresses must be maintained by The Club.
7. Voting Rights
a) Each member shall be entitled to one vote after 6 months membership.
b) Postal votes are not allowed. Voting shall be by a show of hands, decided by a majority at a meeting.
- Each member shall be entitled to one vote after 6 months membership.
- Postal votes are not allowed. Voting shall be by a show of hands, decided by a majority at a meeting.
8. Club Property
- The property of the society shall be vested in the committee. In the event of the society ceasing to exist, a final AGM shall be called to decide the disposal of the society’s assets.
9. Club Accounts
- A banking account shall be opened in the name of The Club into which all revenue of The Club shall be paid. Withdrawals shall only be made on the approved signature of two (2) Officers of The Club. The accounts shall be kept by the Treasurer, a report of which shall be given at each Committee Meeting of The Club. The accounts shall be certified annually by an auditor appointed each year at an AGM; a copy of the audit report to be presented to the members with the notification of an AGM.
- The annual subscription for membership will be a sum as determined at an AGM; these subscriptions will be due for payment on 1st June each year, and failure to make payment by the 30th June will result in the member’s loss of right to vote in the AGM.
11. Termination of Membership
- Resignations from membership must be submitted to the Secretary in writing either by mail or e-mail. Members resigning are still liable for all subscriptions due up to 1st June following their registration.
- Any member ceasing membership due to death, resignation, expulsion or otherwise shall not, nor shall his representatives, have any claim or interest in the property or the funds of The Club.
- Expulsion of a Member/s – any Member who brings The Club or breed in to disrepute or has been suspended by the Kennel Club under their rule A42.J (5) or whose dog(s) have been disqualified under kennel club rule A42J(9) shall ipso facto cease to be a member of the club. An SGM shall be called for the purpose of expelling a member. Notice of the meeting to be sent to the accused member, so he/she may attend. A resolution to expel is passed by a 75% majority of members present.
12. Financial Year
- The financial year of The Club shall be from 1st June to the 31st May of the following year.
13. Annual General Meeting
- The AGM shall be held between June and September each year at a venue to be decided by the committee, taking into account the location of The Club’s Members.
- Matters for inclusion on the agenda of an AGM shall be submitted in writing either by post or e-mail to reach the Secretary no later than four (4) weeks prior to the AGM.
- Notice of the AGM shall be either by post or e-mail and may also be published by a notice in either/or Dog World or Our Dogs publications, inviting suggestions for inclusion in the agenda and giving at least 14 days notice of the date of the AGM.
- No matters shall be discussed that have not been properly included in the Agenda.
- Only fully paid up UK Members may nominate items to be included for the Agenda. Overseas members may nominate a fully paid-up UK Member to include items on their behalf.
13a. Special General Meeting
- The committee shall, whenever it deems necessary, convene an SGM. An SGM shall also be convened on a requisition signed by a minimum of 10 members who are not, at the date of the requisition, subject to any disqualification or pending disqualification criteria set out in these rules.
- The date, time and venue of an SGM shall be determined by the committee. At least 14 days notice shall be given in writing by post or e-mail.
14. Amendment to these Rules
- The rules of The Club shall not be altered except at an AGM or SGM, notice of which must be submitted as in items 12 and/or 12a above. This must include details of the proposed alteration to the Rules.
- An application will be submitted to the Kennel Club for Registration of The Club. On acceptance of The Club’s application the rules will be amended to meet the Kennel Club’s requirements; this will be amended in line with item 13a above.
15. Proof of Posting
- Where a document or request is submitted in writing either by post or e-mail it shall not be assumed that this has been received unless an acknowledgement is requested and this is received back by sender.
16. Data Protection
- Data regarding membership details, members addresses and contact details will be held as hard copy and electronically, specifically for use by the Chairperson and Secretary, and will not be disclosed to a third party without a members specific agreement in writing with the exception of details of the Committee Members which may be circulated.